Visitors

free counters

Visitor online

You Are Here: Home» Korean Stars » Kim Bum Soo talks about his rebellious past Published On Wednesday, June 29, 2011


On the June 28th episode of KBS 2TV’s ‘Win Win‘, singer Kim Bum Soo shared details from his rebellious adolescence. The singer compared his past to his current state, having recently risen to a new level of popularity after taking part in MBC’s ‘I Am A Singer‘.
One of the discussion topics on the show concerned rumors that Kim Bum Soo was a notorious fighter when he was in school. Kim Bum Soo responded to this rumor, “That’s a little misleading. It’s true that I fought often, but that doesn’t mean I won them all,” and jokingly added that in reality he was a cheap fighter.
Delving into his rough past, the singer explained that after his father’s business failed, his entire family moved into a small basement room. Kim Bum Soo said, “I just went around getting into fights all the time.” He added jokingly, “I think my extreme cheekbones and pointy eyes formed as a result of my rebellion.”
He continued, “I’m not the type to pick a fight if I’m left alone. It was only when someone would look at me the wrong way or touch me that I would get angry. I think I used fights as a defense mechanism because I had so many insecurities about not being as good as other people.”
Throughout his troublesome youth, the singer admitted to having frequented police stations. While describing his dramatic about-face in life, Kim Bum Soo revealed, “I quit smoking and drinking and changed my entire life after I contracted pleurisy (an inflammation of the lungs that causes sharp chest pains) my senior year of high school.”
Source: TV Report via Daum
Tags: Korean Stars

0 comments

Leave a Reply

Popular Posts